.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Larissa's "when she feels like writing stuff" page

description..Um, read the title :)

Saturday, February 14, 2004

I felt better yesterday, no headache, no upset stomach. My manager, Charles believes all the rich
different foods, too much coffee, stress at work, and jet lag caused my one day of queasiness.
I do not know what it was, but Charles hypothothesis is believable. Wanted to add this note as I
did have the excerpt noting I didn't feel good. Charles had said my face was green:). I will take
his word for it. I definitely felt that way. The toilets could tell ya too!

I woke up to some birds delightfully singing to my arousal this morning. Ok, ok, they
really sounded like yapping crows, but I'd like to think it was some beautiful exotic birds with a cold. Yea, yea
later I found out they WERE crows.

I got up and picked up my camera. Took a few nice pics of the bay, sun rise (caught a little late),
and the trocial plants. Posted them to Yahoo.

Sounds like someone is trying to get into my wall? Luckily this is all I hear, unlike Charles.
He has been hearing a couple 'getting it on' next to his room. He is thankful the guy is a lowsy
lover and the 'getting it on' only lasts a few minutes. So, let me tell you the story of our arrival at
this beautiful luxury resort on the Bay of Bengal.

Charles had done a good job at prepping me for a luxurious stay at this amazing resort. Big bath tubs
(which I desperatly could use). Nice big fluffy bed, nice cottage, w/a back door that opens to the sandy
bay. Well, you know how you tell yourself you feel like having Smoked ribs at Stardust (the BEST rib diner in CA),
prepare your belly to take in a whole lot of mmm mm good mout watery ribs. You travel miles to get there, and come to find out
they are closed. This is what it feels like.

Charles and I had been greeted at the checkin desk with shell necklaces (which I really like :)) and a glass of
refreshing grape juice. Oooh, this feels kind of nice :)

We had been informed Cisco didn't reserve us a cottage on the beach, and all the cottages were booked (Valentines weekend,
go figure). We were only able to get one sea view room, which Charles kindly said I could have.

We were shown to our rooms....OP, TWIN BEDS!!! NO BATH!!!ARGH. Ok, I can deal with twin beds, after all I had them at the
last hotel. Charles is upset, he hasn't slept on twin beds for years. NO bath, I am upset, I wanted to take a nice warm bath.
Ok, guys, make the best of it.

Charles shower handle nearly fell off (it is hanging). There is a slot for your room key chain that, once inserted, turns on all your lights.
I tried to place mine in after dinner and, well, kind of damaged it. The plastic frame pulled from the wall. There are no slippers! Good thing
I stole the slippers at the last hotel. The floor here has tiles instead of carpet, so definitely need the slippers. Remember, Larissa is cheap and
not used to fancy things, so pockets any free item she can get. Yes, I have taken the soaps, shampoos, body washes, and lotions from each of the hotels I have
stayed in on this trip :). YOu can thank my father for my interest in saving a buck or two :).

The view is spectacular and the sound of the waves is awesome, but I can hear everyone in the hallway. I don't mind as much as Charles.
I am ghetto, so this is still very nice and can very well be appreciated. However, those lil slippers I stole from Taj Coromandel were
laying near the outside of the shower while I was washing my bod. After I was through I noticed a huge puddle outside the shower. AH!!! My slippers.
Argh these *$@*&%. Their lowsy shower soaked my slippers. ARGH!

I think the only thing I have been unhappy with whle I have been here is the need to cover myself.
It's hot, there is about 80% humidity- let me show my bod, er...it's hot, let me reveal some skin, er....it's hot, let me wear
some comfortable clothing. Yea, that's better.

Really, what is the deal? How can females be comfortable wrapping themselves all up? I think it is
a conspirecy, the indians want the foreigners to smell just as bad as they do. So, you make them
wear long winter attire, then they will become hot, sweaty, and stinky like the natives. Argh, I bet that
is it! :P

I had a very exciting day today! Our friend Aparna came over with her 2 children, Amo 8-girl, and Abdu 12-boy.

We first went to Dakshina Chitra. This is a place that shows 4 different types of housing and equipment that
different Indian cultures live in and use over many years. There is a Kerala, Tamil Nadu section, a Karnataka section, and a Andhra Pradesh
section.

This place was pretty interesting. Some of these houses were pretty amazing. Shoot, I would rather live in these over my ghetto apt.
A lot of furniture were made of teeka and some walls were made of cowdung/clay? The cowdung kept the house cool.

I was able to get my fortune told by a parrot here! Woot! The parrot owner tells the parrot my age and name and ask him to pick a card
that is particular to me. Here are the highlights:
-Will be successful in my coming years
-January 4th was the end of my 'bad times'
-Will not depend on anyone in the future, not econimcally dependent, won't need anyones help. Independent till death of 82 years
-Will be happy in my husbands house (Um, YEA, I sure hope so :P)
-Will travel to many countries and cultures with my new job
-Will be very successful with my new job
-Will not receive a lot of support from family, but from friends in other cultures
-My planned education will be successful w/my new job
-All the bad luck that I had was from my parents house
-No harm to my health

Um, ok, I could buy that! Well, some of it :P.

We then rode on a bullet ( a cart driven by oxes). Um, very bumpy! We were lucky to catch many views of the oxes unloading.
The crap almost got on Aparna.

We saw a man make a bowl out of pottery, saw a puppet show, and a couple of guys dancing and playing the drums.

We went to Mahabilipuram, a place where many temples, caves, and scultpures were built 1500 years ago. They are incredible!
This place was VERY cool. I wish I was able to carve that out of a rock....shoot, I wish I was able to draw a decent
stick man :P. Of course, uploaded the pics to my Yahoo photo album.

There were a lot of kids begging for money and a lot of adults begging for you to purchase some of whatever they were selling.
It was very sad!

I have been trying to figure out how to hold the curtain up. I couldn't figure it out, so wrapped
the cord around one side. I later saw that there is a metal peg that you are suppose to tie the
cord on. Ok, Larissa obviously isn't famliar with this.

I spent Valentines evening with my manager here, at Fish Cove. We had dinner over looking the ocean. Had many drinks, walked on the
beach, went to a couple bars and told stories. Every story I hear from him he becomes more interesting to me. Always has a story and is
always very entertaining!

Whew....what a day...now off to bed :)



posted by Larissa  # 11:13 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004   03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004   04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004   05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004   06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004   07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004   08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004   09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004   10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004   11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004   12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005   01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005   02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005   03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005   05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005   06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005   07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005   08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005   09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005   10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005   11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005   12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006   01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006   02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006   03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006   05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006   06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006   09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006   10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006   11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006   12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007   01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007   03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007   04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007   05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007   08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007   09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007   11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007   12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008   01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008   02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008   06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008   07/01/2008 - 08/01/2008   08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008   09/01/2008 - 10/01/2008   10/01/2008 - 11/01/2008   11/01/2008 - 12/01/2008   12/01/2008 - 01/01/2009   01/01/2009 - 02/01/2009   03/01/2009 - 04/01/2009   04/01/2009 - 05/01/2009   09/01/2009 - 10/01/2009   11/01/2009 - 12/01/2009   12/01/2009 - 01/01/2010   05/01/2011 - 06/01/2011   10/01/2011 - 11/01/2011  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?