.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Larissa's "when she feels like writing stuff" page

description..Um, read the title :)

Monday, February 16, 2004

Monday in Bangalore, India.

Ok, one word to describe today....rude...um, bastards!...um, discriminating...um, disrespectful, Ok, OK,
Yea, used more than one word. Geez, I think I understand why Charles dislikes Bangalore.

Being a woman, you can't REALLY enjoy Bangalore. We have had many encounters with Hotel staff
"GOod day sir", "Good evening sir"....Uh, I know there is only one sir in our party, and I ain't him.
They know how to ignore a female. HELLO, I am a person, I am alive, I can hear, and, and....I can punch, so
watch out!!! Really, geez! I think my fists are going to be flinching this week.

Ok, am sorry, need to be descriptive on my complaints.... The people here think...yes THINK THINK THINK
the Women have NO opinion. "Would you like ice Sir?" "Sure", he says. The *$& of a waiter gives ice
to both the Sir and MADAAM. Ok, yea, I want ice, but, can ya ask ME? I REALLY don't think anyone else knows
my belly? Huh? Do ya think someone else does? "Would you like water?" "No,", he says. Uh, DUDE, I want water, ask me, ya freaken *$%a!

It has been really annoying. I don't think I am a HUGE women rights body, but hey, I believe in equal rights.
And gosh dang give 'em to me. Ok, I will leave this topic, trying not to let it get me too disgruntled....

Other than that today went OK. Had some meetings, got some work done. Woot, that is what we are here for, eh?

Met some folks, went out to Chinese lunch with them. Stuffed myself, AGAIN. Man, I DO NOT want to see a scale until
I boogy my butt mucho mucho! My manager, Charles lied to me. He had said, oh, they have light lunchesin Bangalore. Uh huh, SUre Charles.
If this is light, wth is Heavy? :P

After a long, but, seemed to take normal amount of hours day, we escaped and went to our hotel rooms. I had finished a couple of work
items and searched for a restaurant and bar that looked good.

Charles and I met up 'round 730 to have a Japanese dinner at the Le Meridian hotel.

Oooh, very dark, very, hm, what was the word my manager used, Skizzy? Skanky? Um, shoot, don't remember...There was about 6 waiters
every 1 customer (there was only about 6 customers). Music, dance floor, bar. The music varied. Started out with 80s (not the good 80's), horrible wanna-be reggae, popish,
to dance.

We had asked for warm sake. They said they DON"T have any. Uh, didn't we go to a Japanese restaurant...yea, thought we did. Whatever...would have
been my first time trying it...ARGH. Charles ask for a Double Gin and Tonic, I request a Kaluha and cream. They bring back a single Gin and tonic and a frozen Kahula and cream...idiots.

We request for Eddammame beans. "Out of season" the 'doensn't-know-much' waiter replies. HUH? WHAT? Out of season?:
Ok, 2 strikes....We get Gyoza and try to be happy.

The waiter takes my order then walks away. I say loudly, "Sir, you forgot him" and point to Charles. Idiots! Hm, but now I think about it...they acknowledged the female and
forgot the male...YAH! No, no, no, not good....the idiots!

The waiter brings Charles' dish, a bunch of smelly, icky, sushi. The waiter places it in the middle of the table and provides us both
with a plate. Um, I am thinking he thinks that we are sharing this stinky dish?

Charles said, go ahead, have a, OH my...sorry to change subject, but, one thing I have noticed here, EVERYONE has cell phones and
EVERYONE has a HORRIBLY ANNOYING (or old-Christmas-Happy Birthday) songs. They have it set to the loudest tone...I just heard this from my hotel window. Um, I am on the 5th floor. Clowns...
Ok, sorry to drift...So, I feel brave and try a, um, Tuna?

I marinate the deal in some soy? The dorky, -doesn't-know-much waiter, decides he knows SOMETHING, and informs me the Wasabe goes in the sauce. Yea, yea, I am not a
sushi eater, therefore I can eat it how I want...Whatever, I throw some wasabi and ginger in. Pick up the ugly looking thing and put it in my mouth. Ick, pooey, blah! People eat and LIKE this
stuff. Ick, ick...

We ended up leaving from there shortly after our meal. The place looked cool, but was ruined by the horrible music (shifting from crap to more crap), sucky service, and, well, we just wanted
to leave.

We went to a Pub bar (that had better music-80s rock!) after. Couple more drinks, chatted, then back to the hotel...

Good day...off to bed...


posted by Larissa  # 10:11 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004   03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004   04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004   05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004   06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004   07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004   08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004   09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004   10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004   11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004   12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005   01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005   02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005   03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005   05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005   06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005   07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005   08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005   09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005   10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005   11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005   12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006   01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006   02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006   03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006   05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006   06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006   09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006   10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006   11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006   12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007   01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007   03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007   04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007   05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007   08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007   09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007   11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007   12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008   01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008   02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008   06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008   07/01/2008 - 08/01/2008   08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008   09/01/2008 - 10/01/2008   10/01/2008 - 11/01/2008   11/01/2008 - 12/01/2008   12/01/2008 - 01/01/2009   01/01/2009 - 02/01/2009   03/01/2009 - 04/01/2009   04/01/2009 - 05/01/2009   09/01/2009 - 10/01/2009   11/01/2009 - 12/01/2009   12/01/2009 - 01/01/2010   05/01/2011 - 06/01/2011   10/01/2011 - 11/01/2011  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?