Thursday
Thursday was Curtis’ (good friend I met at 24 hr. fitness in MH) 38th B-day! Rose (another friend met at MH 24 hr.) turned 49 and Shelly (friend I met through Ttan) turned 26.
For the last 3 years Rose, Curtis and I have been attending
Todais on one of Rose or Curtis’ b-day. We got together at Todais again this year. The dinner was nice. There were about 15 of us, chatting, making fun, and eating. Of course we all stuffed ourselves- it’s buffet!
The guys and me went to
Speedring. We did the sprint race (qualifying lap, then 20 minute race). Yes, race, which means NO black flags for riding too aggressive. NO blue flags for passing. More
The practice session is 12 minutes. You can’t bump people, or cut people off in the practice session. Boo! I always get black flagged during the practice session. When you are black flagged you have to pull in the pit for a ‘lecture’, which causes you to lose your lap time.
Friday
Went to watch
Kelsey Jeffries (my old sparring partner) kick some butt! I was really pleased with her performance. She has definitely improved a lot since her last fight (4 mths ago). I had called her the night before to wish her good luck and throw out some suggestions. She really does a great job when she works her jab. She also has a killer left hook.
Saturday
Woke up real early (6:30) to head out to Metcalf shooting range for a morning of mucho shooting. Met Charles, Rebecca, Lissa, and Eric at Metcalf at 8.
handguns:
Ruger .22,
S&W .38 special, .357 S&W Magnum, .
357 Colt Python,
.454 Black Powderrifles:
.30-.30 lever action model 94 winchester (John Wayne’s), .
22 carbine,
Ruger 10-22.
Very fun guns! The rifle and pistol that I liked the most ~ 30-30 and .357 Magnum. I had a blast! Very nice of Charles, Lissa, and Eric to provide the guns and ammo! Woo! I need to get me some. Yea, yea….I will append it to my –already too long-‘Need to buy toy’ list.
Saturday I went for a drive on Calaveras. I borrowed my friend Shri’s
Nikon. He has a nice camera. I took some nice pics. I will try to post them sometime this week.
The drive was nice! Nice weather, nice road, nice car. Man, I had fun driving! I think I am going to be the same w/ a sports car as I am w/a bike- always need to own one. If the weather is nice and you get the urge to go haul butt on some twisties, you can.
One the way home, I picked up my new snake, Brechet. He is a little bit older and bigger than Missy. He also is more active. He has an attitude, but I could change that :P.
He has a wishbone on his forehead. I wanted to name him something related to wishbone. I searched for relative words, but all I found were Merrythought and Furcula. Um, Hey Merrythought, come here…. Nah, I couldn’t name my snake either of those. So, after searching more I came across wishbone in French-Brechet. So, Brechet, come here…um, it is do-able. I now have a French male snake named Brechet.
Saturday evening I watched
Mosley-Wright fight Mosely got worked. It was odd to see Mosely looking so bad in a fight. He was backing up, clearly uncomfortable and was getting popped left and right. Good fight. So was the Mesi-Jirov fight. Jirov is an awkward boxer, but is very tough.
Sunday I drove Uvas to the batting cages in San Martin. Man, do I miss going there every Sunday. Shoot, my back misses going there. My back is pretty tight n sore now :P
After hitting balls, I went down to Fresno with my friend, Mario, to watch
Metallica and Godsmack The venue was pretty cool. The stage was in the center, so no matter where you sat you had a good view. Concert was fun.
I am off to bed now…Larissa didn’t sleep much last week and didn’t make up any sleep during the weekend, so NEEDS sleep!
Oohs
-Imran finally brought some of his mom’s Mint Chutney. Mmmm! His mom makes GREAT Chutney!
-Got my new snake!
-Beautiful weather!
Boos
-Imran’s “Sarah” went down. He lowsided. He is ok and so is the bike.
-SOOOO tired!
Ahs
-Battery isolators are used to allow dual battery systems to be charged from a battery charging source while preventing one battery from discharging the other.
-Diaphragm irritation or an awry respiratory system causes hiccups. Diaphragm irritation can be caused by eating too fast. This explains why I get them every time after I eat.