Weekend, weekend was a weekend. I spent majority of the time working on the condo. I did get out to see the 49ers-Raiders pre-season game. High scoring game (30-33), BUT my 9ers lost L. 2 minutes left in the 4th qtr, Raiders kick a field goal, winning by 3 pts. I was MAD of course! Oh well, I guess…he whomped on them last pre-season. They barely won us this one!
I finally went for a ride! Man, the whole time I was thinking, Summer is almost over and this is my 2nd! 2nd! 2nd! ride? I suited up in full leathers. A good friend of mine, Imran (who also has a R6-although is his carbureted :P) headed out on Uvas-152-1-Soquel-17. Nice route. I really like Soquel! A lot of fun! I started hanging my bum off the seat. I haven’t really done it with my R6. My friend Charles (wasn’t my manager at that time), was teaching me how to lean into a turn and hang off the bike. I scraped pegs on my ex500. I rode that thing a lot better than I have ever ridden the R6 L. Seat time, bonding…will come along.
Imran, on the other hand, was WAY ahead of me. By the time I reached him on the end of Soquel, he had his helmet off, gloves off, hanging out on the side of the road. Ha, he loves this road!
I have a lot to learn of my bike! I don’t really know it, yanno. Haven’t gone on tons of rides and bonded with him.
I managed to get myself into being one of the Cisco’s Flag Football captains. I never played a real game of flag football, have only messed around. Well, now is a time for no more messing around. Larissa has got to go out and kick some flag’n’ butt. The games start next week. Will see how my team does :P.
Things are just going along at the condo. I have finally finished painting the dining, living, and kitchen. I did the remainder of touch-ups last night as well as last weekend.
Hardwood is getting installed today. Woo, my condo will be looking better. I still have to get outlet covers, figure out a color paint for the baths, re-finish some of my cabinets (grr!),
Anyone want a snake? My snake, Moyen brechet (mean wishbone) is ‘cruisin for a bruisin’ as my Pa would say. If ya’ll don’t know the history or my snakes…here is a quick overview.
My first snake, C-note, was purchased around October. He was a red and white Corn snake. C-note was roughly 6 wks old. I had him for about 2 mths? He escaped in my apt. I thought he had went inside my heater and roasted up, went outside and froze, or just simply said, “Forget livin with this lady”, and ran (or slithered) away.
C-note was found about 1.5 wks later. C-note was hungry, trying to suck my thumb? By this time, I had already purchased another Corn snake, Missy.
Missy was a pretty Corn. She had a mix of browns and reds with a black and white belly. She was nice, she was pretty, she was my new snake :P.
C-note ended up passing away about 1 mth after I found him. He started regurgitating the pinkies (baby mice). Now snake poop ain’t nothing to ‘woo’ about, but a regurgitated mouse! Now that was cool looking! HA..no, it wasn’t, it was kind of gross. I was fine with picking up blobs of poop, but a swallowed mouse? Nah..
I took him to the Pet store and he passed in their possession.
I had Missy for about 4 mths. While I was in India, my co-worker, Stacy and his son were watching her. I get an email from Stacy 2 days before I arrive back in the US. The email title is “Your snake escaped”. Oh, GREAT!
Well, long story short- snake was found about 1.5 weeks later (same as C-note). She was um, in the litter box. His cat decided he was going to have MY Missy for din one evening, Darn it! I now have a half digested snake?
Now I am one a 3rd- Moyen. I don’t like Moyen. He is mean! He has bit me 4 xs and is too scared to come out of the tank. Every time I put my hand inside the tank he wiggles his tail, trying to mock a Rattlesnake. He hisses and snaps. It is intimidating! His bites don’t hurt, but shoot something snapping at you? Hard not to flitch. Dang snake! Who wants a MEAN snake? ARGH. I liked Missy.
Now that I rambled on about my snakes (sorry, was meant to be short)…I’ll move to another note.
I am off to Tahoe Thurs-Sunday. Mario, myself, and 5 other couples rented a cabin and will be jetskiing, wakeboarding, cycling, and dropping the drinks :P. Should be fun. Tahoe is always fun!
Stupid is as stupid does…
-Couldn’t find my mailbox (didn’t really take note of the box location). I tried every mailbox (there is only about 80:P). No luck. Uh, what’s the deal? Where’s my mailbox?
-I locked myself out. I dumped the trash while I was working on the condo during the weekend. Apparently the doorknob was locked. Good thing I had the sliding door open! Jumped over the porch wall and into my dining area.
-Dropped phone in moto tail. I threw my phone in my lil compartment under the rear seat on my moto. It fell down to the bottom of the fairing. Imran helped me pull the tail off and pull out my phone.