I wanted to pay my respects to good friends, Ray and Socorro De Lo Santos.
Uncle Ray and Aunt Socorro, very cute couple. Uncle Ray is Della's father's brother. Della is a great friend who has helped me in many situations and has been there for me for many years. Della, is the mother of my good friend Tanya.
Uncle Ray and his brother were always the life of Della's parties. Ray would bring his lil' guitar and accordian and play old spanish songs. He and his brother would bring a bottle or two or Tequila and finish it by the end of the party. They are in their 60's mind you.
Socorro was about half of Ray's height (which is partly why they made such a cute couple). Hair always done nicely, but no makeup. She had a nice face and didn't need makeup.
On Sunday afternoon, Uncle Ray and Aunt Socorro were
hit by a train going approx. 70 mph.
On another note…found this when I was trying to look for a pic of elderly ladies makeup. WOO- we need to put this back in style. I'd be like, all, hip :)… Well, I will need a tan, but that is easy.
Below is an excerpt from "Flapper Fashion 1920s":
The Flat Chest of the Twenties
The slender flat chested tanned body and face of a 15 year old became the desired silhouette of the bright young things of the 1920s. Health and beauty clubs helped women refine their silhouettes whilst getting fitter and healthier.
It was a difficult time for the former matrons of Edwardian society, the previous leaders of fashion whose style of dressing became as passé as their rounded figures and older faces. More youthful women who could party all night and carry the boyish fashions well were all the rage.
The 1920's Bra
The bras of the early 20s include home made ones in white cotton and which were little more than bust bodices with extra separation. Some purchased bras were like camisoles and they offered no support.
Big busted girls turned to bandaging their breasts flat, but many adopted the Symington Side Lacer, a bra that could be laced at both sides and pulled and pulled in to flatten the chest. < NO worries here >
For young ladies with youthful figures a satisfactory bra was the four sectioned lace bandeau bra, lined in net. None of the bras gave much shape, but few ladies were seeking anything more than stopping the bust from wobbling. As long as they looked boyish they looked fashionable.
By the 1930s Triumph, Maidenform, Gossard, Warner Brothers, Spirella, Twilfit and Symingtons were all making bras that did the job of separating the breasts. At the same time it was finally acknowledged that women had differing cup sizes and bra sales doubled with the new designs.
I know I have been slacking and haven't put in my Ooh, boo, and ah's section, so here it is...
Oohs
-I will be starting a Bachelor in Science of Business/Information Systems later this month. < Hm, should this be a boo? :P>
-Mario bought me a BBQ grill. I currently have a small square one that can easily be thrown on the back of a pickup truck (short legs). He said he wanted to buy and pointed out a couple. I said oh the round 18” is fine. This one has longer legs, but is still kind of small :P. Now I have pequeno y mucho pequeno. Np…I like it and it will work out fine!
-Installed my bathroom lighting fixtures and DIDN’T zap my butt off! I did, however get a lil tingle cause my
Boos
-Alice Chan Allstate agent SUCKS! She doesn’t know how to do her job!
-I still don’t have cable L. Been missing lots of games L
Oh my, I have more Oohs than boos? Wow, that is a first
Ahs
-Reading English style alphabets and Chinese characters uses different parts of the brain.
-Hurricane season is between June 1st and November 30th. Hurricanes form in tropical regions where there is warm water (at least 80 degrees), moist air and converging equatorial winds. The complete process of hurricane formation is still not entirely understood, they do know 3 things must occur before formation.
1. A continuing evaporation-condensation cycle of warm, humid ocean air.
2. Patterns of wind characterized by converging winds at the surface and strong, uniform-speed winds at higher altitudes.
3. A difference in air pressure (pressure gradient) between the surface and high altitude