So next week is my last week in "Oral Communications" class. I think I've gotten a bit of speech experience in the last couple weeks.
The first class we had to learn about a classmate then present our findings to the class.
The second class required a speech about something that changed our live. My speech was on my boxing experience. "I'm now not a road rage driver".
The third class (last week) I did a speech on my trip to India. This speech required the use of visual aids. Fortunately I had saved some India pictures saved on my Yahoo Photos. I lost all pics on my laptop when my roommate ran over my laptop :(. I was able to save some pics from Yahoo and create a slideshow.
This weeks speech focused on voice modulation and teaching. I did my speech on tire rotation. How did I come up with this? Um, I have no idea. I think I did the best with the voice modulation. EVERYONE in the class (14 people) seemed to have forgotten about it. They got all into whatever they were teaching (ballet, making pizza sundaes, playing the game 'spoons'). Their speeches were all in one tone. So, I was satisified with my presentation :).
Next week is our final speech. We need to present a motivational speech. I'd like to do mine on 'Americans and their lack of career commitment'. I notice all too often how Americans take America's job opportunities for granted. People don't want to work in fast food restaurants, deliver newspapers, or do janitorial work. So instead of taking up these 'just as needed' jobs, they sit on their butts and collect money elsewhere. Whether it be from folks dropping change in a tin can on the side of the street, welfare, or mooching off a relative.
There are also a lot of people that simply 'put time in' at work. They don't put their 100% effort in their tasks nor do they care about the quality of their projects.
I'd like to obtain some trusted resource info that semi backs up my opinion. I may change the topic if I don't find anything. Will see. I'd like to get this speech prepared asap. I'm too good at procrastinating. Oh, oh, which brings me to my next subject...
The Personal Efficiency Program is a book I purchased last Friday. I don't buy books too often, however, when I do I buy in bulk. HA- I buy everything in bulk :).
So I picked up this book. I have not begun reading it, but it is here, in my possession soon to be opened up. I figure a lot of the info should be common sense, but I am hoping that reading it and running it through my head will help me trigger some cell to spike the actions. I really do need to make my life efficient. I have TOO much going on and NOT enough time.
I purchased a couple more books. They are all self-improvement books:
The complete idiot's guide to Hypnosis". Just something new and hopefully interesting.
New Chakra Healing". Same, seems interesting.
Self-Powerment. Yet another 'self improvement book. Yea, yea, these may sound corny, but new, hopefully interesting. Finally,
The Goal". This was a recommendation from a colleague that saw I was team lead.
Now to find time to read these....