.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Larissa's "when she feels like writing stuff" page

description..Um, read the title :)

Monday, March 20, 2006

Solo Viajar 

Adventure? Uh huh, I think I may be lucky to be alive….

2pm on Sunday I left for Moraira, Spain via train. I took a 3 hr 40 min train ride to Alicante, Spain. In Alicante I waited for a bus to take to El Campello. The bus ride was nice as I got to see some of the city and rode up the Mar Mediterraneo for 40 min. I was left off at El Campello. According to the map, the other Estacion de Cola should have been nearby. I walked a couple blocks and then asked a girl where the train station was. She told me to go up down the street one block, and then go left up one block. Sure, todo en espanol, but I think I understood . I followed her directions and ended up on a dirt road around a few houses. I found my way out and asked directions again, a man told me to go left, up the street a couple blocks. Followed directions and arrived at the station. Hm, this isn’t a very big station, nor is very um, developed. I got on the train to Teulada. It was now 720pm. Geez, 5 ½ hrs since I got on my train! 1 hr and 40 min later I FINALLY arrive in Teulada. Nice, it is night time and I’m in a SMALL town.

There is no one at the train stop. There is no one a block away. There is no one many blocks away. Ok, how is Larissa going to find a taxi? Stores aren’t open; there are no hotels around. Larissa wonders helplessly up and down the main street with hopes of finding SOMETHING open. Woo, a bar. Do I enter? Nope, it is a bar and I look like I’m lost- Stupid American wondering around in some small Spanish town with her bags and obviously NOT walking shoes. I call my aunt who suggests going back to the bar and asking for them to call a taxi. Um, ok. Bars in Spain are a bit different than in US. Families come to bars, bars aren’t only places to get drunk like they are in US.

On the opposite side of the street, I head back to the bar, it is some where around here. A dog is now following me. Good, no one will try to mess with my now that it appears I have a dog guarding me. HA, yea, right! I find a restaurant that is open! I ask a waitress if I can get a # to a taxi. I call up a taxi, 10 min later I’m picked up. Phew….

I arrive to my hotel at 10pm! How nice, it took me 8 hrs., I could have been on a plane 2/3 of the way home by now!

Hotel (Villa Comodin) is nice. The owners are very friendly and offer me something to eat. Oh yes, please!! Tengo mucho hambre! Mmm, med-rare (well was suppose to be, is a bit rareeee) steak and potatoes. I’m satisfied, for now.

I head back up to my room. Spain’s main house doors do not have useable door knobs. The main door has a deadbolt and a knob in the middle of the door that is used to pull the door shut upon dismissal. I attempt to open the door, click, no open. Click, no open. Click, no open. Oh geez, I CAN’T EVEN OPEN A DOOR ON MY OWN IN EUROPE? I try about 20 times than give up. This is ridiculous. I go downstairs- “Perdon, pero necesito ayudar con mi puerta”. Si, porque soy una tonta . The owner, Felix, walks up to mi cuarto conmigo. Click, open. Um, ? “Buenos Noches…”

I took a hot shower and got into bed. I have a long day tomorrow- 2 dives and another DAMN long trip back to Madrid. I was hoping I could find an easier route back, but this hotel (which is pretty nice) doesn’t have a phone line into the room. Wish me good luck, please!

posted by Larissa  # 2:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004   03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004   04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004   05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004   06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004   07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004   08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004   09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004   10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004   11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004   12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005   01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005   02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005   03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005   05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005   06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005   07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005   08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005   09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005   10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005   11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005   12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006   01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006   02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006   03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006   05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006   06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006   09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006   10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006   11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006   12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007   01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007   03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007   04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007   05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007   08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007   09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007   11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007   12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008   01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008   02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008   06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008   07/01/2008 - 08/01/2008   08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008   09/01/2008 - 10/01/2008   10/01/2008 - 11/01/2008   11/01/2008 - 12/01/2008   12/01/2008 - 01/01/2009   01/01/2009 - 02/01/2009   03/01/2009 - 04/01/2009   04/01/2009 - 05/01/2009   09/01/2009 - 10/01/2009   11/01/2009 - 12/01/2009   12/01/2009 - 01/01/2010   05/01/2011 - 06/01/2011   10/01/2011 - 11/01/2011  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?