.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Larissa's "when she feels like writing stuff" page

description..Um, read the title :)

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Yep, house still on market- just dropped the price to $7k, had 2 people look at it this weekend; yanno, the normal first couple of folks that check out the place after a new listing or price change...

Friday I went to a 20 yr anniversary company (one of my vendor's)/customer apprectiation meeting. I had a really fun time. The company's revenue was 100 million in 2006, made from 160 employees. I haven't yet done research, but really curious how these figures measure up to other 20 yr old tech companies. Since this was a special event, Ashwin Rangan, CIO of Walmart, spoke about on how to utilize the trends to attract and retain the public. Ashwin is a very mellow, very respectable, intelligent man. Ashwin's speech was very knowledgable and capturing. I had the fortunate experience of sitting at the table with the CEO of Sigmanet, Sigmanet's executive's coach, Ashwin, and others from HP and Shea Properties.
Unfortunately I didn't get to talk to Ashwin as much as I had hoped for. I did get to talk closely with the the executive's coach as well as the CEO's wife. This experience was very interesting! To sit at the table with the CEO of a rapidly growing company, the CIO of a huge corporation that has changed America, and many other IT colleagues, was a very cool experience.
Cisco Systems received an award from Sigmanet- one of the top 10 purchasers for 2006. It was pretty cool to receive since I was the only Cisco employee there (majority of business is from other groups in Cisco). I will place the nice crystal award on my desk.
I spent Saturday night at a Christmas party that included a gift exchange- a game of greed, doubles and heat. It was a ravishing event! My friend, Ellen (who accompanied me) requested we do this game with some of our other friends- it is now on the agenda.
Sunday I spent the day watching football (ha- well it is football season), oil changing on car and vacuuming/cleaning inside of car (it was filthy). I just finished giving Mario a mock interview for his 3rd interview for Clovis (well 2nd + written). He is excited, but nervous. I am really excited for him!

And now- on with the week....

posted by Larissa  # 9:11 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004   03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004   04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004   05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004   06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004   07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004   08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004   09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004   10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004   11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004   12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005   01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005   02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005   03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005   05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005   06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005   07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005   08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005   09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005   10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005   11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005   12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006   01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006   02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006   03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006   05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006   06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006   09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006   10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006   11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006   12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007   01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007   03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007   04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007   05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007   08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007   09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007   11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007   12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008   01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008   02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008   06/01/2008 - 07/01/2008   07/01/2008 - 08/01/2008   08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008   09/01/2008 - 10/01/2008   10/01/2008 - 11/01/2008   11/01/2008 - 12/01/2008   12/01/2008 - 01/01/2009   01/01/2009 - 02/01/2009   03/01/2009 - 04/01/2009   04/01/2009 - 05/01/2009   09/01/2009 - 10/01/2009   11/01/2009 - 12/01/2009   12/01/2009 - 01/01/2010   05/01/2011 - 06/01/2011   10/01/2011 - 11/01/2011  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?