Ok- updates...
Just about to complete my Total Quality Management class. I initially thought the class was going to be boring and unnecessary since, well, quality is- do job the right way, the first time. Now, I did actually learn some things in the class and also refreshed some concepts and tools I've learned before. Overall, I think the class was ok. I'm now down to 4 classes? left before I get my degree? Oh my!!
This Wednesday I have my last softball game in this SC rec league. We haven't won a game, but are going to the playoffs... um, don't ask :O Well, I think every team goes :P It is a 5 wk. league with 5 teams, so.... I've been playing 3rd and 2nd base in this league. Man I love infield! Love catching infield balls... yea catching... not like last league in outfield...
I've been using my roommate's baseball glove since the last 2 games of the last league. The glove Mario bought me for my bday last year wasn't catching anything. It is probably tainted and should probably be burned, but I will keep it; it is a good glove. Maybe I will buy myself a new glove. Sucks. I did get rid of his ball though... it got lost last league, so I left it. That was probably screwing me up as well. Ha!
I got my
Halloween costume for this year, yea. I got the boots last week! They're hot and comfy! I was suppose to go to Vegas, but think I will be going to a friend's Halloween party instead. My friend bailed on me :(. I would like to have a party, but I just had a big bday party and, eh, would think it'd be a good idea to give my neighbors a break :P. My next party will be for graduation next year :). Both my roommate and I will be graduating!
This past weekend I went to Reno for my
friend's wedding. It was short and sweet and we got the ghetto ride in the 1970's
Cadillac Funeral Limo. Ha! We also stayed at ghetto
Fitzgeralds.
Some pictures...
Vinnie and Serena- "I happily pronounce you husband and wife"
The girls...there were about 10 pictures taken of us. I don't know if any of them came out with everyone smiling and not blinking.

Cutting the cake...

I won some money then lost some money. I spent a little more than normal this trip... I brought my friend, Rosendo. We had a nice time hanging out and gambling. I played some roulette, 3 card poker, slots and learned some craps. I was a little intimidated by the craps playing, so I played conservative. It was fun and I'd like to learn more...the odds seem better than roulette, black jack or poker!
Random- I was hanging outside of the Harrahs in Reno and saw a
book sitting on the parking meter. I read the back and some of the intro... Not a book I would read, but I thought, hm.. it was just left here. No one in Reno looks like they know how to read (lol), so, must be here for a reason? Ha! I brought it home... :P
Kind of funny, kind of awkward....while I was in Reno, this girl briskly walks past me in the casino, turns around and says, "wow, you have a great ass". The next day while I was outside, this guy casually walks buy and says, "you have a great body". Well, today, this guy stops his truck at the intersection and tells me, "dssadajso". I couldn't understand, so I replied, "excuse me". He says, "you have a nice body". Is 'single' stamped on my forehead?
So, interesting... the other day someone had called my work and asked me some questions about a vendor that I work with,
Cyberswitching. They asked me questions about how long I've worked with them, if I enjoyed working with them, what I liked, etc. Well, today, one of my old instructors, Ronald Bemaul, said he read something I had written about him in my blog. Well, I didn't give him my blog url... So I thought, hm... my blog is searchable! I didn't realize this, but, eh, since blogger is now part of google? Makes sense... So I did a search on Ronald, and voila- my comment on him.
Then I thought, hm, let me do a
search on my name. Now, I've done one before, but, curious if there was anything new. Um, there was->
http://phoenix.bizjournals.com/phoenix/othercities/sanjose/stories/2008/10/06/smallb1.html?b=1223265600%5E1709761&brthrs=1Eh, I don't recall Mr. John Anderson informing me that my feedback on Cyberswitching was going to be put into a news article! Ha! Good thing I said good stuff :P. If any of you ever meet this guy, Chuck Reynolds, ask him lots of questions! The guy is a true entrepreneur! Has incredible ideas and has great success at executing them. Plus, he's a compassionate and genuine guy! <- in case Chuck does a google search on his name :P. Ha, really, he is an incredible guy! And a search on my pics!
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=%22larissa+overbey%22&gbv=2I've got TONS of work to do (both school and work). I have an overflowing plate at work. It is overwhelming, but good stuff. My new director has been including me in her staff meetings and assigning me tasks. This is good exposure and a great experience! I am learning a lot just by watching and listening. I am glad she is allowing me to participate... good stuff!
AND, the most COOLEST news... I got a raise :), a promotion and a nice bonus :). I've got the best manager ever! And now a really cool director who believes in her team and shows it!
So, all that work that I was mentioning? Needs to get done, so I need to get to bed....