I'm very ready for bed!
I had a nice weekend, but wish I could have relaxed a little more. I love being productive, but definitely could have used some more relaxing.
I was able to get some yard work in early Friday evening. I finally setup my drip for my birch trees. Yea!! Friday night I spent with my new friend, Scottie. We went to Gordon Biersch and enjoyed a dinner and some Marzen. We spent the rest of the evening slurping down more Marzen, learned a little about each other and messed around with the guitar. Ok, I didn't, he actually played. I did learn two chords though, E and A. Unfortunately I didn't spend enough time to build up the much needed finger calluses. Ha! That sounds wrong ? :P
Saturday, I celebrated my friend, April's bday. She had a BBQ and had some yummy chicken, tri-tip, potato salad and mac'n'cheese. Yes, Mac'n'cheese, the poor, caucasian family's pasta. For dessert we had cherry and apple
dump cake. The cake was interesting, but too sweet and filling after porking down the bbq.
I had begun my Saturday evening with
2 buck chuck a fire and the movie, Mr. Brooks. My friend, Chris, called me and wanted to hang out; he was spending his Bday alone :P. We finished the red wine, let the fire die then went downtown to
Legends. It ended up being another Jager and Sierra night.
Sunday, I met up with my friend, Julian, for some fish tacos at
Rosy's . Larissa doesn't really like fish, but decided to be brave and order up the tacos that so many people rave about. Well, I didn't really like them and wish I had gotten the shrimp cocktail instead.
The rest of Sunday was spent in the yard and the kitchen. I finally pulled out my weed bed! Pretty much my entire front yard was covered in weeds :). I planted a few roses and set them up on the drip. I still have more bulbs to plant.. I hope there is some sun coming! I don't want to be planting in the cold, windy weather.
After sun down I started a Mediterranean soup in the crockpot, made a Mediterranean chicken dish, Kotopoulo Me Tiri Provio Kai Vasiliko. The dish is simple with only basil, salt and pepper and goat cheese. I added garlic and onions to make it more tasty. I also made some garlic and olive oil couscous. I finished my kitchen evening with strawberry shortcake, mmm. I usually use angel food cake instead of short cake, but I didn't want to run to the store and angel food cake requires so many egg whites! I found a shortcake recipe in my baking book, so made that instead. It was good.
I have a few things to wrap up for work tomorrow...I'm getting an employee to help me out. We recently merged with a larger group and will be doing a lot of cross training and work, so this is a good time for a helping hand. Yea for help!
Ok, I must head to bed now.
Ooh's:
- I have another night home alone!
Boo's:
- My lower back has been killing me all weekend!
Ha's:
- Wow, this is sad. I have no funny for the weekend!?!
Ah's:
-Trader Joe's Vienna Lager is actually Gordon Biersch's Marzen...and...it's cheaper.
http://www.chow.com/stories/10947-If you don't have buttermilk, you can substitute with lemon juice and milk